Great Places to Go Fly Fishing
September 17, 2019
Fly fishing fever has struck the luxury apartments in Englewood. Alright, that might be a bit of an exaggeration, but fly fishing is definitely a fun hobby to indulge in, and if you’re around Denver, there are plenty of places for you to practice your craft. We’re going to reveal some of the best spots around the state, so get ready to grab your gear, head to the water, and have an exhilarating time as you try to bag your best catch.
It’ll be hard to fish if you don’t have your supplies, so before heading out, make sure you’ve got everything you need to make it a fly fishing experience to remember for the ages. You’ll need your rod, obviously, but your equipment list should cover so much more. At minimum, you’ll want to consider the following items:
- Fly fishing rod and reel outfit
- Waders, wading boots, and other personal fishing gear
- Rain jacket, fully waterproof
- Hat, wide-brimmed, for sun and eye protection
- Polarized sunglasses
If you really want to get serious and make sure you’re well-prepared, you’ll also want to think about bringing the following:
- Day pack or fanny pack
- Sunscreen (SPF 20 or higher)
- Insect repellent
- Personal medical supplies and prescriptions
- Personal hygiene supplies-toothbrush, shaving kit, etc.
- Spare glasses or contacts
- Camera (for nature shots)
- Books (or something interesting to read)
- Compact binoculars
- Flash light or head lamp with extra batteries
Fly Fishing Spots in Colorado
Now that you’re packed, it’s time to hit the road and venture to some of Colorado’s premier fly fishing destinations. Here are a few choice options you should keep in mind for your trip:
- The South Platte River — One of Colorado’s most well-known rivers, the South Platte runs from the mountains near South Park through various canyons before reaching Denver. You’ll just need to find some accessible river bed for you to set up and get to work.
- Clear Creek — This tributary of the South Platte River is just about 40 minutes from Denver and offers up some spectacular views along with the great fishing.
- Blue River — North of Dillon Reservoir Dam is where you’ll find Blue River, and the Blue River’s beauty is enhanced by its elevation, which puts you well above sea level and in prime position to spy the sights of the mountains.
The Luxury Apartments in Englewood Are the Place to Be
If you’re ready to enjoy the majesty of Denver and the state of Colorado at large, there’s no finer place for you to call home than The Palmer. Here, just minutes away from the best that Denver has to offer, you can make not just the city, but the whole state your oyster, and plan all manner of wild adventures to occupy your free time. It’s an experience quite unlike the ordinary, and one you’ll definitely want to be a part of. Check out what makes The Palmer special, and drop us a line to learn more about what’s in store when you make a move to these stunning apartments.